HighProGrow currently has an open position for a Quality Assurance Technician in Sacramento, California.
- Quality Assurance Technician responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Test soil pH/EC in every greenhouse, document data on form and report non-conformances immediately to GH Ops Manager, QA/QC Manager or designated personnel.
- Mix fertilizer solutions, adhering strictly to concentration levels decided by management and based upon soil analysis. Verify and document accurate mixture of solution. Test pH/EC of fertilizer solution and document.
- Provide thorough documentation of fertilizer applications and monitor plant health on R&D plots
- Help develop SOPs for Farming procedures
- Provide documentation for any and all irrigation on each field/plot (Flow Rate, Total Volume, Method of Irrigation, Acreage etc.)
- Document any problems regarding plant health within the fields and provide corrective actions to be taken
- Document receipt of ALL raw material at the drying facility (Farmer, Field/Plot, Date/Time, Temperature, Wet Mass etc.)
- Provide in-process sampling as designated (Moisture, Bulk Density etc.)
- Collect composite samples of dried raw material for internal testing
- Monitor receiving bins and storage bins (Temperature, Moisture etc.)
- Perform other related duties as required.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities) and Education
- High School Diploma and 2+ years related industry experience (Agriculture or Animal Feed).
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Possess a professional and reliable demeanour.
- Possess a high degree of attention to detail.
- Success-driven and motivated.
- Innovative mindset dedicated to improving procedures.
- Must be a skilled problem-solver.
- Extremely thorough, detail-oriented, and enjoy following a workflow process.
- Motivated to learn every day and work to achieve a common goal.
- Dedicated to completing tasks and meeting strict deadlines.
- Attention to accurate and reliable data collection.
Additional, Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with quality management systems such as ISO 9001, ISO 17025, and GFSI, as well as current food and drug regulations (21 CFR 110, 21 CFR 111, 21 CFR 117).
- Experience with food-grade extractors, ovens, and other manufacturing machinery.
- Ability to safely lift and move boxes up to 55 pounds.
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Ability to reach overhead, bend, squat and kneel.
High Pro Grow Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, handicap, disability, genetics, whistleblower status, caregiver status or veteran status.